Projects: Sixteen Real Estate, St. Leonard’s Place, Woodside Square, Bowcliffe Hall, etc.
Projects: Vivienne Westwood, EQVVS, G-Type, CACI, Karcher, etc.
My first paid work was back in 2005 and hosted in the then popular “Geocities” for those old enough to remember. Through the years I worked with Non-Profit organizations such as UNESCO or very small local companies developing simple but elegant websites based on popular CMS like WordPress, Drupal and Joomla. Followed closely the trends of the industry and educated myself on the newest technics. Companies I have worked with as freelancer: PeoplePerHour, SuperTasker, oDesk, Codeable, elance, etc.
*Disclaimer: Because the location was primarily Greece and the websites mainly for digital presence of small businesses or blogging there wasn’t deep knowledge obtained at that period.
Advised a Real Estate company about the development and maintenance of a complex web-based Real Estate Properties Aggregator. Helped to modify the initial designs of the System’s Architecture based on modern APIs using XML and JSON.
Worked on a curated Art Marketplace Web Application (E-Commerce), focused more on the Artist himself/herself, for a Start-up company. Full stack WordPress work and implementation of responsive, mobile-first designs. Was responsible for the researching and implementing a split payment system to serve the needs of both the company and the artist. This was achieved with the use of Braintree Payments integration.
Drupal Theming of a local News Website.
Teached Algorithms and C Programming
Spreading the word about Open Source Ecology in Greece and setting up communications infrastructure. Organizing the local chapter, localizing documentation, giving lectures.
Founding and managing the local Linux User’s Group. Organizing presentations, installfests and various related activities. Development and maintenance of the local Linux User’s Group Website based on Joomla CMS. Later a custom themed WordPress.
Setted up Web Hosting Services with ISPConfig.
Teached all the ECDL modules to two adult groups and got them certified.
Partial list of courses:
- Programming I, II
- Object Oriented Programming
- Visual Programming
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Databases I, II
- Web Applications Development
- Software Engineering I, II
- Operating Systems I, II
- Systems Architecture
- Networks I, II, III
- Telecommunication Networks
- Linear Programming
Licensed Trainer able to teach all ECDL modules.
Certification on Adobe Photoshop basic usage and image manipulation.
- Codecademy Completed Courses
- Code School Course Card
- Hack Design – Design Course
- Google – The Online Marketing Fundamentals
- Lynda – Analyzing Your Website to Improve SEO
- Lynda – Android SDK: Local Data Storage
- Lynda – Connecting Android Apps to RESTful Web Services
- Lynda – Effective Design of RESTful APIs
- Lynda – Foundations of UX: Content Strategy
- Lynda – Foundations of UX: Prototyping
- Lynda – Foundations of UX: Information Architecture
- Lynda – Ruby on Rails 4 Essential Training
- Lynda – SEO Fundamentals
- Lynda – Typography for Web Designers
- Lynda – Up and Running with Backbone.js
- Lynda – WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce
- Lynda – WordPress Plugins SEO
- Pluralsight – Agile Fundamentals
- Pluralsight – Building Applications with ASP.NET MVC 4
- Treehouse – Genesis Framework Foundations
- Tuts+ – CSS Tips & Tricks
- Tuts+ – CSS3 Typography Techniques
- Tuts+ – PSD to HTML Corporate Design Build
- Tuts+ – PSD to HTML Flat Design Build
- Tuts+ – WordPress Hacker’s Guide to the Galaxy
- Udacity – Web Accessibility
- Udemy – Design, Develop & Sell WordPress Themes
- Udemy – Local Marketing Blueprint
- Udemy – PSD to HTML5/CSS3
- Udemy – The Professional Ruby on Rails Developer
- Udemy – User Experience Design Fundamentals
- Udemy – WordPress Plugin Development for Beginners
- Wes Bos – ES6 for Everyone
- Wes Bos – Learn Redux
- Wes Bos – React for Beginners
- Wes Bos – What The Flexbox!?